How Do I Use A Cake Stand For A Wedding Cake

Decorating By cakeybakey Updated 30 Aug 2010 , 12:28pm by cakeybakey

cakeybakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeybakey Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 10:23am
post #1 of 7

Hi - I'm making a wedding cake with a metal stand for multiple cakes. Is there anything i can use to secure the cake base to the stand, worried that one of the cakes might fall off when cutting into it. At the moment it looks like you just place the cake with base onto the metal circle. Just wondered if there something i don't know about securing it. Thought about just glueing it on but that can't be right. Does anyone know?

6 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:11am
post #2 of 7

Do you have a picture of it? From your description, I believe that the tiers should be removed before cutting (not cut while on the stand.)

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:21am
post #3 of 7

I agree post picture please.

cakeybakey Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:57am
post #4 of 7

struggled trying to upload a picture, i have the link, not sure if i can post it but heres a try http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200507492430&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT yes it worked, just scroll down to see it. Thanks for your help

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 7

Remove before cutting. They can do a picture partial cut ( would do it to the top one to keep it on center) but serving they need to be removed.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeybakey Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks, that makes sense. Wondered how it works, it's for display only. Off to hobby craft to go and get anti slip mats. Thanks again to you all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%