Pt Employee Salary

Business By Kaka Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 4:44pm by Kaka

Kaka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaka Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:22am
post #1 of 4

I would like to know how much I should pay a part time employee with basic skills for baking, pastries and desserts? Regular cake decoration, almost no fondant. I am just starting a business.
Any advice?
Thank you
Kaka

3 replies
Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:45am
post #2 of 4

When I started, I had very basic skills but focus and determination to learn were on my side. Did cake prep and learned finish work, and helped with holiday pies and bread products when needed. Started at $10/hr. and only worked Fridays from 6pm til anywhere from 1-3am Sat. morning.

Hth! Good luck with your new business!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 9:56am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka

I would like to know how much I should pay a part time employee with basic skills for baking, pastries and desserts? Regular cake decoration, almost no fondant. I am just starting a business.
Any advice?
Thank you
Kaka

So this person needs to know how to bake a cake AND pastries and desserts, plus assemble, ice and decorate a cake in BC (which in my opinion take more skill than doing fondant).

That's pretty much everything I did when I had my shop open. But I'm sure you'll need to pay them way less than what we figured my time was billable at as the owner of the business! icon_wink.gif

At least $10 an hour or more, considering the skill level you're looking for.

Kaka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaka Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you, ladies for your input! It really helped me.
All the best for both of you
Kaka

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%