Clean Or Fix Fondant Roller?

Decorating By luckylibra Updated 28 Aug 2010 , 2:53pm by luckylibra

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 4

I have spent the last 20 minutes trying to clean my fondant rolling pin.... it looks like it has tiny pieces of lint or a microscopic coating of fur.. but after doing everything I could think of including rubbing alcohol I have determined it might be small pieces of the silcone strands?? Or I am crazy...could be either really. Any help would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif
Colleen

3 replies
luckylibra Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 4

I washed it in the dishwasher, could that have done this. I tried to find some older posts about it and basically other ones said it was lint... it does not seem to want to come off.. and I can not imagine how lint could stick this hard.. wouldn't water and soap wash it off, let alone when I tried rubbing alcohol.. any ideas would be appreciated. I think when I posted there were a million other posts and this one got lost. Thanks

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 4:18am
post #3 of 4

What brand of pin is it? I know my small Wilton one says it's okay in the dishwasher. I don't know about my large Wilton one. I assume it would be okay, but there's never enough room for it in the dishwasher.

luckylibra Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 4

It is the small wilton... my large one does not seem to have this issue... and I have not put it in the dishwasher either. That is why I thought that might be the cause.... anyone have a solution??
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%