Storing Imbc

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 27 Aug 2010 , 5:31pm by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 11:15am
post #1 of 5

Just a quick question..

If you guys make large quantities of IMBC for wedding cakes, how do you store the icing? Do you use buckets or large Tupperware containers? I am trying to figure out how I am going to store it. I only have the 4.5 quart mixer so I can only make smaller batches. I also bake from home so all I have for storage is my own fridge.

Also, how far in advance can you make it? The wedding is on a Saturday. I use Warren Brown's recipe from Cake Love. I got it off YouTube.

Thanks,
Annie

4 replies
erincc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erincc Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 5

I just store it in the KA bowl if I'm making 1 batch or a large Tupperware (7.5 L) for more than 1 batch. I try to use mine right away because it has better texture that way,and it's easier. You can definitely refrigerate it for at least a week or for longer you can freeze it. Then you have to bring it to room temp and rebeat to get the original texture back. It works, but I find it easier to just make it right before I use it, which is usually on a Thursday or Friday for a Saturday wedding.

itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 5

I store it in large freezer bags!!! what ever is left over after icing the cake ..I freeze in the same bag...works like a charm

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 5

I use the same recipe. You can freeze it, but it has to have enough hours out of the freezer to come to room temperature before it can be used. I usually leave it out of the freezer for 7 or 8 hours. I don't use any plastic in my freezer, so I store mine in huge glass pyrex bowls with a lid.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for your replies.

So if you leave it out to come back to room temperature, I'm assuming you decorate and then return it to the fridge overnight then deliver to the venue, where it will be kept out again at room temperature to be served right?

I was just a little worried about the continual temperature fluctuations. I am planning on using powdered egg whites because there will be pregos and children there.

Thanks,
Annie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%