Can I Frost These Tonight?

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 11:55pm by MariaK38

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, the search feature isn't working so well for me right now, so I have to post, sorry if it's been answered before.
I have 2 dozen chocolate cupcakes w/buckeye candies baked in them. I've made my chocolate buttercream (no butter, indydebi's recipe, thanks!) to put on top. I'll be delivering them at 9 am tomorrow (1 hour drive for a candy buffet lady I do business with). They are in a cardboard cupcake box right now.
It's humid here right now (90 degrees, feels like 9icon_cool.gif, but I have the central air on in the house.
Can I frost these tonight, or should I wait until the morning right before I leave? I'm worried about humidity. If I can frost them tonight, should I put the cake box cover completely on (it's kind of 3/4 on right now to allow for air flow)? I've frosted the night before and it's worked well, but that was in the fall/winter.
Thanks for your suggestions!
Maria

2 replies
ILoveDaffodils Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveDaffodils Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 3

If you have the air on, I think you should frost them tonight and pt them in the cake box with the lid on. Since it is cardboard, I would put it all the way on. It has been hot and humid here too and I have done this a couple times this summer for parties. The cupcakes and frosting were fine.

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 3

thank you! now I won't have to get up as early! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%