Vegan Bakers--Will You Share A Recipe

Baking By jerseygirlNga

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 1

Just received a call from an admin at church who is trying to fulfill a "wish" for a family who has a child with a host of allergies and saying she has never had a birthday cake. (She is 3 tomorrow). They asked if I would be willing to donate one.

I can't refuse...but I don't have the time to research and asking if any vegan bakers would be willing to PM me a recipe. The baby is allergic to soy, dairy, and any milk, whey, butter or anything that might be derived from milk or contains milk protein. No soy flour or soy protein, no soy lecthilin or soybean oil.

Cake is only half the battle...what do you do with a frosting. All my frostings are buttercream and that's a "NO!" Oh, since its smash...I was hoping to find a chocolate cake...but I'm not picky!!! Whatever you are willing to share would be great. The only reason I am asking in forum and not going to recipes...I don't have time to taste test. Hope to find one that has passed the taste test.

I am in the process now of reading the fondant labels!!!

Hope this is the right spot...I need to deliver tomorrow by 2PM and out of time.

I am only making a smash cake for her but have an 8" cake ready to go in the freezer. Don't remember what member suggested to always keep a cake on hand. Glad I read that thread and even more glad I took the advice!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%