Dairy Queen

Decorating By shanney54 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm by shanney54

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 7:22am
post #1 of 5

I got a phone call from my uncle saying that the one in my area is in need of a cake decorator. I was just wondering if anyone has done this? I looked online to check out what their cakes looks like but I'm not sure I could do all of the techniques that they have. I can make roses but only with fondant, not buttercream yet. I'm thinking that this would be like working in the bakery at Wal-Mart?

4 replies
Hollandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollandy Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 10:23am
post #2 of 5

you could at least interview and try it out. Whats he worst that could happen?

lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:43am
post #3 of 5

If its like Walmart, you will be doing buttercream roses like a pro in no time...I don't work for walmart but do work at another grocery store.....when I first started I wasn't good at rosed either but now I can do them with my eyes closed.....go for it.....you can do it icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 5

Generally icecream cakes are decorated with whipped cream icings. So all BC techniques are used to decorate them.

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 7:28pm
post #5 of 5

I figured that they used something like whipped cream instead of BC but I'd still use my BC techniques on the cakes. I didn't get a chance to go by there today, but I'll try to stop either this weekend or on Monday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%