Dogs Playing Baseball?!!!? You Gotta Be Kidding!

Decorating By sabriana Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 1:33pm by sabriana

sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 6

Got a request today for a cake with dogs playing baseball - not on velvet but on cake. I am really stumped with this one other than a green baseball diamond and the pooches dressed in baseball gear...

but I wanna hit this one outta the park (hee hee)... how do I make this snappy and not like a grocery store cake? For a GOOD client! Can be multiple tiers - was hoping for something topsy turvy... but I just can't make it all come together!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies
mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 6

What if instead of a dog in people clothes, it looks like a person but with a dog head. Similar to a mascot at a baseball game.

sabriana Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 6

cute - like the idea - mascots playing baseball...

where I am afraid it looks like a grocery store cake is that its an 11x14 oblong - green diamond with these guys playing baseball on the top. I want to make it fun looking and catchy if you get my meaning.

Thanks for the idea!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 6

I made a baseball cake once from a 12" square. I iced the sides in smooth green buttercream and piped the top to look like grass. I turned the square and made it a baseball diamond. I had bases and just skipped the outfield.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 6

I think this is a really nice cake

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=702

So what if you do a tiered cake, have a dog pitch a ball "through" the cake (so you see the "splash" of the hit in the icing), to a dog on the other side that can be in the end of the swing, then you can have a ball on a wire going over the cake and another dog stretched out to catch it as it comes over. Tells more of a story than a field with dogs on it.

sabriana Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 6

thanks all for the great ideas.
deMuralist, I have to think your idea through - on first read it sounds like what I am looking for, just have to think if its within my capabilities...

thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%