Bridal Show Follow-Up

Business By sweetlayers Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 4:44am by sweetlayers

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 4

So, I will be doing my first show in about a month. I received a packet from the event planners saying that I should definitely follow-up by using their list, but my question is, what should that entail? A call, a letter, coupons? And what should it say other than glad to meet you?

I need 2 small orders to break even but I'm praying for 10-15 is that reasonable?

3 replies
The_Caketress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Caketress Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 4

I find the best way to appraoch a bridal show is to first contact everyone who has inquired for your cakes and let them know you will be there. Second - signage and marketing material for them to take is important so they remember you. Samples are good too. I would'nt offer any discounts or freebies- as it will only attract bargain hunters and trust me they are not worth your time. Also the most important part of a bridal show is to network , network, network. I try to focus on the vendors a bride ussauly books first like an event planner , photographer, and venues. They can help refer you quality brides over and over again. Always appraoch them aout what you can do for them and not what they can do for you. I don't ussually do anything with the email list- as I don't care to break any spam laws or annoy potential clients.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 2:58am
post #3 of 4

I believe when a bride signs in at a bridal show, part of what she is signing is permission to receive info from the vendors.

Networking with the other vendors is your #1 priority. Booking brides is just a side benefit.

I always sent an email follow up but kept it very generic.

"Thanks for visiting the Blah-Blah Bridal Show this past weekend. I hope you found lots of wonderful ideas for your upcoming wedding. Attached is some information about our cakes and caterings. WHen you are ready to shop for your reception foods, give us a call to set up your personal and private consultation appointment, where you can sample our foods & cakes, and discuss how we can help make your wedding vision a reality! Remember, you can reduce the cost of your own wedding when you refer a bride to us under our Referral Credit Program! .... "etc.

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:44am
post #4 of 4

ok, sounds good. I just want to make sure I get all the bang I can for my buck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%