Can I Freeze Cookies Decorated W/mmf?

Baking By soph917 Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 12:36pm by linedancer

soph917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soph917 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 6:00am
post #1 of 5

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but I can't seem to find an answer searching through the forums.
My sons birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I am doing 3-4 dozen NFSC decorated w/MMF in addition to a 2 tiered birthday cake. I would love to be able to get the cookies done early and just pull them out of the freezer already decorated the night before.

Has anyone done this? Will the fondant hold up to the temp changes? Should I just bake and freeze now, and decorate a few days early?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

4 replies
Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:29am
post #2 of 5

I just did a test on this very thing and my cookies came out just great. I put the fondant on the hot cookies and then did an embossed design on them. I put them in my 9 x 13 Tupperware container and layered them between parchment paper with a layer of paper towel on the very top. I had heard that you should put the container in the frig to thaw like the day before you need them and that worked just fine. No marks of any kind and the fondant stayed on just fine. I have not tried doing this if I have added a Royal Icing decoration on top of the fondant, but that is my next experiment. Good luck!!!!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:35am
post #3 of 5

Do it all the time, fondant is my preferred cookie icing. I do it just like Cookies4kids does except I let mine sit on the counter to thaw, not in the fridge. You can lay individually bagged cookies in the container, works the same. Your RI decorations will be perfectly safe also. HTH

soph917 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soph917 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:54am
post #4 of 5

thanks so much!! I'll be getting started tonight. icon_biggrin.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 5

You are welcome, happy baking icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%