Cupcake Liners Are Sticking To The Cake Too Much

Baking By veghed Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 10:59pm by veghed

veghed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veghed Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 5

I made some cupcakes today and I thought liner was difficult to pull off the cake. It really hugged the cupcakes and and I had to tear it off in strips.

I used WASC cake. I baked 20 minutes at 300 degrees and then 20 minutes at 325.

I used paper liners.

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Should the liners have been coated with something?

4 replies
JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know if this has anything to do with the cupcakes sticking to the papers, but 40 minutes for cupcakes seems like a really long baking time! I usually bake mine at 325ish for 20 minutes, give or take, and they're great.

Edited to add...I make the large cupcakes and only bake them for 20ish minutes.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:50pm
post #3 of 5

I was having the same problem the other day but when I let them completely cool over night they came off fine.

veghed Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes1966

I don't know if this has anything to do with the cupcakes sticking to the papers, but 40 minutes for cupcakes seems like a really long baking time! I usually bake mine at 325ish for 20 minutes, give or take, and they're great.

Edited to add...I make the large cupcakes and only bake them for 20ish minutes.

Yeah, I thought so too. Next time, I will lower the time.

veghed Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCC

I was having the same problem the other day but when I let them completely cool over night they came off fine.

Good to know. I am actually freezing them overnight like I do cakes. I just put them in a pan and covered them with foil.

Also, they didn't dome. Should I add more baking soda? I am using Kakeladi's WASC recipe.

Thanks for your advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%