Supplies In Dallas Area

Decorating By Bannette Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 7:37pm by mmgiles

Bannette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know some good places to buy supplies for cake decorating in the Dallas area? I live about 2 hours from Dallas (and everywhere for that matter) and I normally mail order everything, but I have been going to the doctor in Dallas pretty frequently and thought it would be nice to hit one of the supply stores around there and save on the shipping. Thanks in advance for any help! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 4

There a couple that I go to. One is Cake Carousel in Richardson. It is on Central and Arapaho. The other is Cakes Amore is in Plano. It is also on Central (75), I believe the exit is Spring Creek Pkwy. There is also the SalePlace in Balch Springs that has some Satin Ice, pans, tips, boards, boxes and so on. They have mostly Wilton. They also have a lot of Wedding and floral decorations.

Cake Carousel has a lot more though. They have SugarVeil, Designer stencils, Magic Line, a lot of candy molds, cookie cutters, and so much other stuff. Can you tell that I shop mostly at Cake Carousel? icon_smile.gif Oh they also have classes and a cake club that meets there. Here is their website, www.cakecarousel.com.

Cecilia

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 12:07am
post #3 of 4

I am not sure where in Dallas you go to your Dr's appt. but in the Euless/Bedford area there is Elizabeth's cake supplies off of 183 and Ector Dr. near the south end of the DFW airport. If there is something you need and they don't have she will probably order it for you. But the store has everything, cake pans, cookie cutters, candy molds, bridal, Satin Ice, tips, the works. Hope this helps...

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

If you need Fondant dont bother with Salesplace. Their prices are way too high for fondant. I would suggest Cake Carosel. They have a good selection and the employees are really nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%