Sugar Cookie Dough Sticking To Parchment

Baking By MariaK38 Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 10:30pm by MariaK38

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! Lately I've been trying something new with my sugar cookies. Instead of refrigerating the dough in a ball before rolling it out, I roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper, put it on a cookie sheet, and then refrigerate it and cut it out. That way the cookies are already on the parchment and I don't have to move them and possibly mess up the shape. The only problem is, the extra dough is sticking to the parchment paper and I have a hard time getting it off without messing up the cut outs. It kind of defeats the purpose!

Here's the recipe I use... 1 c butter, 1 c sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp vanilla, 2 1/2 c flour. Do you think I need more flour? I don't care for dry sugar cookies, so I've resisted adding more, but with the dough sticking to the paper, I'm about ready to try it!

Any tips? Thanks! Maria

2 replies
sweet56pooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet56pooh Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 3

I do the same thing, roll between two sheets. I stick mines in the freezer for 15-30 min then pop the cut outs out and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat. Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 3

thanks, it does help! I'll try the freezer thing for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%