Need Help Please Asap!

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 15 Aug 2010 , 8:26pm by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 7:11am
post #1 of 5

So I shaped a cake into the number "1" and in the bottom of the number "1", the one corner broke..so I added butterceam in between broken corner and rest of cake,,but it hangs low a little still...so my worry is this is the crumb coat only I did so far, so when I do the final coat,,,I'm afraid that the corner will tumble or collaspe due to a lot of buttercream. I really need to get this right so can someone help me figure it out to make it look nice without showing the crack all the way through..I'm pressed for time on this and I don't have enough time to make another one. Thanks for your help.

Jenifer

4 replies
VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 7:44am
post #2 of 5

a couple of toothpicks maybe to hold the piece in place

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 7:48am
post #3 of 5

i wouldnt do toothpicks unless your going to be there to serve the cake.
buttercream should be enough to hold it, be gentle putting on the final coat of bc. covered broken cakes a few times and never had a problem.
if its an option, you could cover it in ganache, sets much more solid than bc, so defintley secure!
xx

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 8:46am
post #4 of 5

I use gum glue to attach fondant, fix fondant pieces, etc. It's 50/50 water to gumpaste -nuke it for a few seconds and use a paint brush, you only need a drop. The stuff is like super glue. If you don't have any gum paste, try the same method with fondant and water.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 5

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR AWESOME IDEAS AND HELP! I ENDED UP USING THE GUM GLUE IDEA POSTED BY TINYGOOSE AND IT WORKED MIRACULOUSLY!! IT DID GREAT WONDERS AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT TECHNIQUE TO ANYONE! THANKS AND I LOVE THIS SIGHT INDEED!

SMILES
JEN

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%