Crystal Color V's Americolor

Decorating By Byron Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 1:52pm by peg818

Byron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Byron Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #1 of 5

I have seen a couple of posts of both of these colorings, but none comparing (most are compariosn to wilson)

If anyone has used both, would you be willing to share your prefrence, and why it is the best?

Thanks

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 12:59pm
post #2 of 5

I use both for different reasons.

I use the americolor to mix in to most of my icings, it mixes in nicely, and is reasonably priced. I then use the crystal colors to amp up the base colors. Or if i need a truly unique color, as they have alot to choose from.

I use the crystal colors on all of my flowers, and any painting work that needs to be done on fondant. I really like the crystal colors because they are one of the only powdered colors that are fda approved they have a wonderful pearl dust and a gold that is also fda approved. So i don't have to worry about whether or not someone is going to eat it.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 5

WOW! I just looked at Crystal Colors color chart and they have some great colors. But $5 for a 1/2 oz is high on www.sugarpaste.com. I'll have to do some more research.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 5

WOW! I just looked at Crystal Colors color chart and they have some great colors. But $5 for a 1/2 oz is high on www.sugarpaste.com. I'll have to do some more research.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 5

The price looks high, but the colors are concentrated. And the jars are almost twice the size of a standard petal dust container so if using them as petal dust they are cheaper then buying the petal dust, and they can be used as food coloring also, because that is what they are.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%