How Much To Charge For Figures??

Business By michgowell Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 2:40pm by shalini1

michgowell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michgowell Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 5

I know this question will prompt some people to send me formulas and that's fine, but I am just trying to get some general ideas of actual prices and price ranges from people. I did these figures a little while ago, what would you sell them for or what do you think people would pay for them???
[url]
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1736470&sub=1736471[/url]

Thanks!

4 replies
jemchina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemchina Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 5

Those look great! What did you use for the clothes?

I recently did a pregnant mom and dad figurine, and charged $45. I figured about $25 per figurine, and a slight discount if more than one. It was my first time making them, and I was nervous how they would turn out. Client loved them, and was willing to work with me, so I worked with her on the price. These seem much more intricate and complex and your work is superb so maybe a little more $$$ is worthy.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 5

Nothing less than $15 - and that is for the smaller ones.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 5:13am
post #4 of 5

I am still learning about pricing, but I would partly go by how long they take you to make them, and how much you think your time is worth. Of course, I couldn't do that with those figures, it would take me all week and then they would look like poo! Yours are awesome!

shalini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 5

depending on the area (wow, I sound like a broken record) it could go for $10 a piece or like the previous poster said, no less than $15. I think that should give you a ball park.

I found it hesitant to charge by the time it took because as you get better, you are just pushing these things out a bit faster. Not THAT much faster, but if you're making the same figure over time, you just find tricks and short cuts and it totally cuts on your time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%