Combo Cake For My Three Boys!

Decorating By kweenofengland Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 3:30am by cakesrock

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 4

I have three boys, Cam - 8, Coen - 4 and Watts - 2. This year I decided to do one big birthday party in the summer for all three of them. The party is August 14 and I need to start thinking CAKE! Should I do each an individual cake or try to do a combo cake? Remember....they love the fact that their mom makes cakes, so the CAKE is a big deal to my boys! Cam is into Ben 10, video games, drawing. Coen is into karate, Ben 10, video games and Watts is into motorcycles and trains, tractors, big trucks...and so on. lol.

My thoughts for ideas have just escaped me....suggestions? Would need to feed 50 people.

3 replies
GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:17pm
post #2 of 4

In my opinion I would do 3 individual cakes, that would make it more easier to design the cake based on their interests.

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 3:29am
post #3 of 4

You could do a 3 tiered cake in white. I would stick with 3 or 4 colors to make it blend well. The top tier could be a video theme for your oldest, then the middle a karate theme (red karate silhouette with a black band around to the bottom to symbolize black belt) and the bottom for your youngest with a red train on black tracks. Add some color to the train to brighten it up, then add a bit more color on top to balance. If I only wanted to do one cake that is what I would do.
I was asked to incorporate shoes, golf and travel into a retirement cake for my colleague and I did something similar. Had some technical issues (bulging with the cake, so it's not the greatest) but I think the theme and colors worked. It is in my photos. Please post pic after!Good luck...

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

PS: Forgot to mention that if you did a 3x6, 3X8 and 3X10, that should be around the right # of servings, but you could double check the chart to make sure...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%