Need Info On How To Paint On Fondant....

Baking By breyes Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 8:06pm by cakemama2010

breyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breyes Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 2

Hello fellow cookie artists,
I am making cookies for my sister's bridal shower and I was thinking of painting floral accents on the shoe that I am making. The invitation that my parents picked out was a shoe, so I was looking to imitate the design. I am covering the shoe cookie with pink fondant and am piping royal icing to add the white detail. At the tip of the shoe there is a floral design and I was thinking of painting on the details. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this? Can I just use the gel colors to paint or do I have to mix them with something? Would the painting work, or should I just try to use royal icing to make flowers and leaves? Any info that you could share would be very much appreciated since the shower is next Saturday and I'm doing a trial decoration run tomorrow.
Thanks for you help!!!

1 reply
cakemama2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama2010 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 2

You can use regular gel colors. Some suggest dipping your brush in vodka and then the color to speed drying time, others just use water. I used Wilton colors and vodka on the flag in my camo cake (in my photos), but it still took forever to dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%