Yummy Cake Fillings For Children?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 6 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm by FullHouse

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:22am
post #1 of 9

what are some of the fillings you use for childrens cakes?
Ive typically done fruit fillings in my cake or just plain BC...I love plain BC!

Im going to be making a yellow cake...what would be good with it?

8 replies
hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 7:11am
post #2 of 9

Why would you need anything different for children? I thought you were going to say you always use liqueur in your fillings and need something non-alcoholic. icon_smile.gif But most kids love BC-as-filling, any flavor. Fruit fillings, ganache or anything else you would normally use is fine too although for young kids you might want to go more sweet, rather than more tart (fruit) or dark/bitter (chocolate).

For plain yellow cake I'd probably go with vanilla, chocolate or a berry flavor. Or for something more unusual, maybe cinnamon/nutmeg/ginger type spice(s) in the BC.

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 11:42am
post #3 of 9

I have done all kinds of things for kids cakes.. My kids are fruit filling kids so we have done Peanut Butter mixed with BC (our favorite), Chopped up candy, coconut, chocolate chips.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 9

My two most requested for kids are strawberry and banana mousse with fresh banana slices.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 9

Kids are easy...chocolate, strawberry, mine son likes coconut. Keep it simple, kids like simple.

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 9

Yellow cake with vanilla buttercream is great for kids -- everybody likes it. I think kids all love peanut butter/chocolate filling, too, but unless you know the kids, the peanut allergy thing can be a problem. My kids' school won't allow anything with nuts in the building, so I guess it's a very big deal.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 9

Cookies n cream is my most popular filling flavor for kids. I just smash up some Oreos but make sure to leave plenty of big chunks and mix it into my regular buttercream. Easy & delish!

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 9

My child would eat just the icing on top if you served him a fruit filling! I think vanilla, chocolate or vanilla mixed with cookies/chopped candy would suit all taste buds.

I think I have the tastebuds of a 5 year old. I prefer the above as well! icon_lol.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 9

Cookies and cream (oreos and buttercream) or s'mores filling (s'mores: whipped ganache with mini marshmallows and coarsely chopped graham crackers on top).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%