M&m's In The Cake

Baking By ddaigle Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 1:15pm by nana_marta

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 9

I've searched...I've googled. I have a guy who wants a chocolate cake with M&Ms IN THE CAKE. Everything I've read, the M&M's sink. Then I thought about using mini M&M's...because they aren't so heavy?

Has anyone put M&M's in their cake batter? Results?

8 replies
ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 9

bump

SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 9

Never done it with cake, but I like the mini ones much better in cookies they seem to mix in more evenly. Why not sprinkle them on top right before you put it in the oven? they won't have a chance to sink as much if they start baking right away.

ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 9

Don't know about sprinkling Suzy. Sounds like a good idea, but I'm hoping someone has used M&Ms as an igredient and can give me some insight. Don't want to wing this if I don't have to. Thanks for your reply.

KCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCC Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 9

I would use the minis also. Mix your cake batter then coat the M&Ms with flour and mix in. This works for choc chips so maybe it will for the candy HTH

ddaigle Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 4:17pm
post #6 of 9

I know I coat blueberries with flour and they don't sink when I make a blueberry pound cake......maybe it will work with M&M's????????

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 9

Have you looked online to see if any cake mixes sell mix with m&ms to mix into the batter? That might give you something to go on. Also try checking the m&m site for recipes.

ddaigle Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 9

I have googled my patoot off. The M&M site has recipes but not for cake. I'm going to course chop regular m&ms so when I toss them in flour (like I do my blueberries) that the flour has something to "stick" to rather than slide off the slick candy coated shell. We'll see...I'm gonna do a test cake first on this one. Don't want a gooey sunken mess.

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 1:15pm
post #9 of 9

Keep us posted on how your trial cake went, I hope the flour sticks to the slick m&m's enough. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%