What Is The Difference?

Decorating By KayMc Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 9:29pm by Dayti

KayMc Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking at a book by Alan Dunn, and in his directions he mentions using equal parts of sugar paste and flower paste. Now, I know one of them is gum paste. What are the two ingredients I need to use? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

3 replies
Dayti Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 4

Sugarpaste is fondant. Flower paste is gumpaste. So you would use half of each, or what others on here call 50/50.
Just 1 more difference in the use of the English language and vocabulary between us Brits and other countries!

KayMc Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks, Dayti! Now I know what to use!

Dayti Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 4

No problem. I also have one of his books but haven't dared to try anything yet, it all looks a bit complicated (its his Flowers and Foliage for Wedding Cakes) and there's some strange flowers in there. I am trying some of Paddi Clark's ones first, since they look slightly easier icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%