Cake Changes

Decorating By CandyLady Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 3:14pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 9

first time customer requested full sheet cake for 1960 class reunion. Just wanted photo of high school in center ( to start)...I copied some photos of the 60's that I thought I could make a photo reel from to wrap around outside of cake...ordered and on its way...went to pick up photo for high school and now she wants names of businesses in existence at that time incorporated somehow on the cake. I don't want to crap this up because it is first time customer so how do I make her happy and still make this a fun cake? your input is appreciated.

8 replies
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 9

How soon do you have to make it?

tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 9

Oh my, poor you. Well, I am not a fan of the look of edible images. My idea would be to do a dimensional town. Have a road on the cake; attach the pictures to cardstock and insert toothpicks or skewers and place in the cake. If you can find pictures of the other buildings, use them the same way. If not, find some old buildings, add text to the picture in a photo editing software, and print them to use. To hide the backs, add trees or whatever terrain might be in the area.

CandyLady Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm
post #4 of 9

cake is due next saturday. I wanted in incorporate tv shows, album covers, historic events, food, cars, from that year so that is why I did a photo reel to wrap around cake. I know folks change but golly not after I ordered photos...I just have names of businesses.

tcwheeler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcwheeler Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 8:52pm
post #5 of 9

Maybe just print the bus. names all around the cake then, right inside your border. I think that she's wanting a scrapbook page on a cake. ha Good luck! Anxious to see what you come up with. Sorry, I'm out of ideas for you. icon_sad.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 9

How about small building cutouts to stick along the film reel that have the "signs" from exisiting businesses?

CandyLady Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 12:47am
post #7 of 9

thanks all of you...I really did not want to add more than the film reel and pic of high school. I guess I could do picks. gosh she gave me 15 names. I tried to find them online, maybe an old photo but got nothing. I could probably cut the reel into individual picks and add names of bussiness in between..yikes stripes!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 5:48am
post #8 of 9

Put the names on the cake board, perhaps?

CandyLady Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 3:14pm
post #9 of 9

I Loved the idea of putting the names on the cakeboard but won't have much room with two 11x15's placed together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%