Cupcake Sizes

Baking By stresseddesserts Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 5:28pm by stacey71

stresseddesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stresseddesserts Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 5

What's the next size up from a standard cupcake/muffin baking paper? Like the ones most cupcake shops use. I think it's the size that should be in between standard & jumbo. Does anyone know the size (measurements)

Mini
Standard
Jumbo
Texas
King

4 replies
stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 5

I always thought the cupcake shops used the regular size but I dont know. Maybe someone will chime in and can say for sure.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 5

I plan on researching this also.

There are two cupcakery shops in my area. One has cupcakes the same size I make at home. The other one has a slightly larger cupcake. They are not jumbo, but not standard size. The cupcake liner was 4.75" across and mine are 4.375" across.
When I find out, I'll post here.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 11:52pm
post #4 of 5

I found this:

http://www.joyofbaking.com/muffins/muffinrecipes.html

Quote:
Quote:

PANS

Muffins and cupcakes are baked in a muffin pan or tin made of steel, aluminum or cast iron. Make sure the pan you buy has rounded corners and seamless cups. Non-stick surfaces are available which enables easy removal of the muffins from the pan. Each pan can have 6-, 12- or 24- cup-shaped depressions and range from mini- to jumbo in size. Mini muffin pans usually have 12 or 24 cup-shaped depressions. Each little cup is about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter and 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) deep and holds about 2 tablespoons of batter. The regular size muffin pans have 6- or 12- cup-shaped depressions with each cup about 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter and holds about 1/2 cup or 4 ounces of batter. Jumbo muffin pans have 6 cup-shaped depressions with each cup being 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter and 2 inches (5 cm) deep holding about 1 cup of batter each.

There are also fluted muffin pans (also called bundt-lette pans) that come in 6- and 12- cup sizes made from heavy cast aluminum. Each of the 6 fluted muffin cups measures 4 inches (10 cm) wide and 2 inches (5 cm) deep and holds 8 ounces (240 ml) of batter. Each of the 12 fluted muffin cups measures 2 1/2 inches wide (6.25 cm) and 1 inch (2.54 cm) deep. They can be used to bake both muffins and cakes when decorative individual cakes are desired.

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 5

Im still confused. What size do most cupcake shops use then?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%