3D Bakers Help/pvc Pipe And Rice Krispy Treats?

Decorating By ski Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 4:01am by ski

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 9

Hi all!
Does anyone have a particular way they get RKT to stay on PVC pipe (armature) I have heard some how incorporating white chocolate into the mix for more firmness. But I am clueless. I have been squishing them around it but still very unstable. I have appendages for a monkey I need really stable for a car ride. thanks to any and all replies/suggestions.

Ski ("

8 replies
tonyas_jewels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonyas_jewels Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 9

I have read on here that people do not put the butter int rkt when making them, that is suppose to make them firmer..hthicon_smile.gif

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:40pm
post #3 of 9

I think the PVS is so smooth that the RKT has nothing to grip onto, and it slips off. I don't have an answer, but I can suggest an idea.
Can you drill holes in the PVC, and insert dowel pegs to give the RKT something to grab onto?

ski Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:11am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the replies (" I am going to try to put piping gel on them, and see if it my adhere better. wish me luck ("

twinkie126 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkie126 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:20am
post #5 of 9

I use piping gel always and it dry well and stick well. It is the best, also melt chocolate and glue it to it but you need the freeze spray. You will be fine with piping gel.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:22am
post #6 of 9

Wait - I just learned the best tip this weekend! I tried my first PVC/RKT sculpture this weekend and was panicking as the RKT kept slipping off of the pipe. Needless to say, I was holding the RKT on with one hand and searching CC with the other!

So here's the tip (and it works like a charm!) - melt some marshmallows and cover the PVC with it. Then apply your RKT on the marshmallow covered pipe.

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me! Thank goodness for the knowledge of other CCers!

ski Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:41am
post #7 of 9

Awesome ideas Cindy and Twinkie, I am going to test both to see how they work! Thanks !
Twinkie, I have wanted to try freeze spray, where do you get it?

twinkie126 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinkie126 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:46am
post #8 of 9

I got it from here: is the least expensive one and good.
http://www.shopchefrubber.com/ good luck and I hope it works out perfect for you

ski Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 4:01am
post #9 of 9

Just wanted to say a HUGE thanks to Cindy for the marshmellow tip, it totally worked! party.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%