What To Do, What To Do?

Lounge By rkei Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 12:36am by rkei

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 7

i want to earn some money. i'm twelve years old... so? I love to go to thrift stores and buy clothes and stuff like that, but even all that adds up! There is a farmers market in town on saturdays, i could sell cookies or cakes or something there, but no nerve to ask mom. I sometime's work for dad. But, geez! What can I do? My brothers work for friends, machinery, yardwork, collecting scrap iron and metal. What can I do???!! I'm bored. I don't live in a city, i live out in the middle of basicly nowhere. Help?

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 8:35pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Rachel,

Well..You will have to ask Mom first before you can bake anything and take it to the farmers market...Not sure what else to suggest to a 12 yr old....Glad to see you are concious about money though and are willing to work hard to earn it!! Keep bakin!!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 7

I don't understand why you don't want to ask your mom. Most parents would be very proud to have a child that wants to earn their own money and have a creative idea how to do it.

Have your plan ready, how you're going to pay for your first ingredients, or make a deal with mom you'll pay her back when you sell your first cookies, etc. Keep a notebook with expenses and what you take in so you can track how you're doing. Treat it like a business, you'll learn a lot.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 7

* Babysitting
* Walking dogs or pet sitting
* Lawn care, e.g. mowing lawns or raking leaves (a lot of people despise even having to water their lawns.
* Cleaning jobs for friends, family, and neighbors, such as tidying garages or washing windows.
* Car washing, i.e. cleaning cars, vans, lorries, etc
* Paper routes
* Sell Lemonade
* If you're really good at Math, Science, English, or any other school subject, then tutor kids of a lower grade level.
* Find a craft you really enjoy making, and then sell them.
* Caddy at a golf course

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 7

When I was thirteen there was a local retirement home that paid me to read to the residents. It was an awesome experience and I got to learn so much from the people there.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:31am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxietyattack

When I was thirteen there was a local retirement home that paid me to read to the residents. It was an awesome experience and I got to learn so much from the people there.

You are so right. I wish more people would stop and take the time to listen to our elderly. The wealth of wisdom they have is HUGE! And, I know they so enjoyed the time you spent with them. thumbs_up.gif

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:36am
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for the ideas guys! I DO go visit the elderly a lot, the town we live next to is like a retirment town, so there is tons of old people. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%