Hamburger Cake....

Decorating By Bella-cakes Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 12:20am by Bella-cakes

Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:44pm
post #1 of 8

Hi!! I want to make to hamburger cake. I know it's 3 layers 2 for buns and 1 for meat, but does each cake have it's own board or are they just on top of each other like a regular layer cake? I will be using fondant to cover each.. This may sound very silly but for some reason I can't figure it out..lol.. Any help or advice on how to make this would be greatly appreciated..Thank so much icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 8

The general rule of thumb is you need board/supports for every 4 inches of cake. If you are making a very small burger, you might not need one. Larger one will. If I was doing one, I would probably make one layer for the bun, one layer for the burger, then board, then a round pan for the top bun.

flourbud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourbud Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 8

HI: I made one recently and I used yellow cake for the buns and chocolate cake for the "burger" with choc. buttercream icing. Good luck to you.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 8

I used unfrosted thin brownies for my MEAT...pulled them from the oven and lightly squished them to give an uneven edge. I did not use cardboard separators and they were just fine. I used BC frosting and fondant for the tomatoes, lettuce, pickles and sesame seeds for the bun.

TammyH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TammyH Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 9:28pm
post #5 of 8

I did the same as bsbqueenb... no cardboard. It worked well.

TammyH

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 9:49pm
post #6 of 8

Hi! I have done a few in the past. I bake one of the layers in a bowl for the upper bun, and one in an 8" round for the bottom of the bun. I bake a brownie in an 8" pan for the burger. No supports required, it is actually a very stable cake. The brownie seems to make it so.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1374694

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 8

I didn't use boards either, mine was a 6inch cake it was the top of a cupcake tower... I have to say it was a fun cake to make everyone loved it at the BBQ... I made the "meat" like a cakeball out of chocolate cake & buttercream, I was concerned it would not hold up but it was fine.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1758092

Bella-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bella-cakes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:20am
post #8 of 8

thank you all so much, I think I'm on the right track now icon_biggrin.gif ....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%