Thinking Of Trying This For Filling...what Do U Think?

Decorating By fba322 Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 11:37pm by kristanashley

fba322 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fba322 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 4

I don't know if any of you have ever made or had a kool-aid pie, but they are pretty much a staple in our family haha! Anyway, I made a lemonade one a couple weeks back, and ever since, I have been thinking the filling of the pie would make a great cake filling. Here is the recipe:

1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 packs kool-aid, any flavor
1 tub Cool Whip

For the pie, you mix all this very well, and it fills 2 graham cracker crusts. And of course, you keep it refrigerated.

So, do you think this would make a good cake filling. It sets up very sturdy. I think I might try one this weekend and report back what I find, but ah, imagine the possibilities!

3 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 4

Sounds yummy, but could you do it without the cool whip? I would want a recipe I didn't have to refrigerate?

blessedist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessedist Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 4

The cool whip would probably make the cake slide....I used Dream Whip in the middle for the 4th and by the time I got there, the layers slid on my pretty cake icon_sad.gif and there was fruit incorporated in the Whip

kristanashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristanashley Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 4

I was thinking about that the other day! We love our pink lemonade pies in my family. I think if you piped a buttercream dam and let the filling set before you put the top layer on, then it should work out just fine. Of course it would have to be refrigerated, but so do a lot of other cakes. Let us know if you try it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%