How Do I Get My Edible Image On My Cake?

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 6:17pm by msulli10

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 11

Publix printed the image I needed - that's great. Now I have it and no instructions. My cake is ready for the image *I think*

Can someone tell me; do I just peel the backing off and put it on? Is it fragil? Do I need to moisten the icing (which has already crusted) before putting the image on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

10 replies
RetiredNavyChief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RetiredNavyChief Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 11

i have put my images in the freezer for about 20-30 seconds. then just peel the back off and lay on cake. Smooth it down starting in the center. Make sure you are putting it on a flat level surface. Hope this helps

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 11

If the frosting has crusted mist it very, very lightly with water before applying the image. Be carefull not to get water on the front of the image or the ink will run. To smooth it out I put a viva towel on top of it and use my fondant smoother to go over the top of it.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 11

I do what tiggy does and it works great

Molly icon_smile.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 11

I do the same as Tiggy too. I don't freeze my images though, i have bad luck with them cracking on me (which is just the opposite of what others have experienced with them) I just lay the sheet image side down and gently pull the paper off (so i'm pulling the paper not the image)

cutelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutelove Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 11

Im buying one in the feature and how do you store them for the next day

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelove

Im buying one in the feature and how do you store them for the next day

Put it in an airtight, zip lock bag.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:15am
post #8 of 11

You only need to use the freezer if you have trouble pealing it. Usually that is due to too much moisture or humidity. When you place it on the cake, bend the image in half and lay it down center first, then smooth it out with your hands center out, but make sure your hands are dry when you touch it.

cutelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutelove Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 2:47pm
post #9 of 11

tiggy2 do I put it in the refrigater

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:00pm
post #10 of 11

I put mine in the freezer right before I'm ready to put it on my cake I mist my cake then pull my image from the freezer and place it on my cake I also like to put my image in the freezer if I need to trim my image with sisscors I pull it from the freezer and let it sit for about 15 seconds then trim my image it works great I would not store it in the freezer just place your image in the freezer for about 5 mins.

Molly

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 11

If I don't use the image right away, I store them in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag. Never had any problems. The image does not fade and peels away with no issues.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%