Urgent Help: Tres Leches Cake

Baking By anku Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 9:22pm by Cenell

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everybody,
I have to make two 6" round Tres Leches cake....and this will my second time attempting this cake. the first time around the cake tasted great but the milk solution was leaking...coming out from the sides of the cake.

I don't want that to heppen and want to know how much of all three kinds of milk should I be putting in the 6" cake so that its moist but not leaking from the side.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
Maluisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maluisa Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 5

Thats the beauty of Tres Leche Cake, that it be runny. I don't know where you are. Here in Miami where I live, that dessert is very common anyplace you go. It is always presented in a dish or bowl or a piece has been cut and served from a deep container. When it is made it is usually kept in its original baking dish. I don't think that cake was ever intended to be decorated with anything other than whipped creme and a cherry. Now you might want to replicate its flavor, thats a different story. But as far as being runny, its supposed to be that way. I love it.

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:15pm
post #3 of 5

Actually I have a friend who used to work in a Hotel in Orlado florida and one bride had for her wedding a tres leche cake covered in fondat. Maybe was what Maluisa says, just the flavor. And the original Tres Leches doesn't use whipped cream, is meringue.

Maluisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maluisa Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenell

Actually I have a friend who used to work in a Hotel in Orlado florida and one bride had for her wedding a tres leche cake covered in fondat. Maybe was what Maluisa says, just the flavor. And the original Tres Leches doesn't use whipped cream, is meringue.

I stand corrected. It is whipped merengue not whipped creme. Oooops!!

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 5

Either way taste so gooooood thumbs_up.gif but is better with meringue LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%