Cel Pads

Decorating By SweetChica Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 4:05am by Loucinda

SweetChica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetChica Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:12am
post #1 of 5

Hello,
I'm new here and have a question about Cel Pads. I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but are Cel Pads similar to the pink Wilton Fondant Shaping Foam Set? Are they used in the same way?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:42am
post #2 of 5

No. It is a rigid board used with gumpaste and fondant, especially flowers. Any time I read about a product I don't know about, I put it in the search of Global Sugar Art. It is a huge cake decorating supply site.
www.globalsugarart.com

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:53am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

No. It is a rigid board used with gumpaste and fondant, especially flowers. Any time I read about a product I don't know about, I put it in the search of . It is a huge cake decorating supply site.
www.globalsugarart.com

This ^ describes a Cel BOARD.

A Cel pad is a close cell foam pad that has one side coated with a smooth material (considered the "hard" side of the pad). It's used when making gum paste or fondant decos that need to have edges thinned using a ball tool or frilling stick. One style of pad also has several holes in it to be used for making and shaping "mexican hat" based flowers.

It's a much heavier duty foam than the pink pad set from Wilton. Its a great investment if you're going to advance in making more realistic looking gum paste flowers.

HTH
Rae

SweetChica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetChica Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 5

Thank you!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:05am
post #5 of 5

Cel pads and cell boards are both excellent investments for making gumpaste flowers. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%