Indydebi's Recipe Into White Chocolate Bc

Baking By Monirr04 Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 5:47am by carlee521

Monirr04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monirr04 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 7

I love Indydebi's recipe (and always use it) for BC. I have a request for a white chocolate BC cake and would like some to know how to achieve this.

Do I just add melted white chocolate (any particular brand/amount works better) or do I add something additional?

Thank you in advance for your help!

6 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 7

I do it quite often. I make the recipe as usual then add 6 ounces of Baker's White Chocolate squares (the premier chips have no cocoa butter the Baker's does) melted and cooled to room temperature. You will need to add a little extra milk because the chocolate will thicken the bc....I just add about a teaspoon of milk at a time to make sure that I don't add too much.

This will crust and smooth as well as the original recipe. To make dark chocolate bc..I do the same only add Baker's Unsweetened chocolate. thumbs_up.gif

Monirr04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monirr04 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:21am
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much. I thought I had read a post a while back where you talked about this but couldnt find it for the life of me.

Thanks again! Hope your enjoying your weekend.

carlee521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlee521 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:04am
post #4 of 7

you could also use white chocolate flavoring syrup from torani's or Lorann's candy flavorings.

I would do either of those..if melting would be an issue

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:24am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlee521

you could also use white chocolate flavoring syrup from torani's or Lorann's candy flavorings.

I would do either of those..if melting would be an issue

I've never had any melting issues with this icing even when adding melted chocolate. thumbs_up.gif

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:47am
post #6 of 7

I'm going to try Indydebi's recipe this week can hardly wait! thumbs_up.gif

carlee521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carlee521 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 5:47am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

I've never had any melting issues with this icing even when adding melted chocolate. thumbs_up.gif

I was just making sure...you can't get chocolate from the store less than 1 mile away without it melting before you get it back home here. I guess that's good because I won't buy any during the summer? lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%