Indydebi's Recipe Into White Chocolate Bc

Baking By Monirr04 Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 5:47am by carlee521

Monirr04 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 7

I love Indydebi's recipe (and always use it) for BC. I have a request for a white chocolate BC cake and would like some to know how to achieve this.

Do I just add melted white chocolate (any particular brand/amount works better) or do I add something additional?

Thank you in advance for your help!

6 replies
mamawrobin Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 7

I do it quite often. I make the recipe as usual then add 6 ounces of Baker's White Chocolate squares (the premier chips have no cocoa butter the Baker's does) melted and cooled to room temperature. You will need to add a little extra milk because the chocolate will thicken the bc....I just add about a teaspoon of milk at a time to make sure that I don't add too much.

This will crust and smooth as well as the original recipe. To make dark chocolate bc..I do the same only add Baker's Unsweetened chocolate. thumbs_up.gif

Monirr04 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:21am
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much. I thought I had read a post a while back where you talked about this but couldnt find it for the life of me.

Thanks again! Hope your enjoying your weekend.

carlee521 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:04am
post #4 of 7

you could also use white chocolate flavoring syrup from torani's or Lorann's candy flavorings.

I would do either of those..if melting would be an issue

mamawrobin Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:24am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlee521

you could also use white chocolate flavoring syrup from torani's or Lorann's candy flavorings.

I would do either of those..if melting would be an issue

I've never had any melting issues with this icing even when adding melted chocolate. thumbs_up.gif

Babs1964 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:47am
post #6 of 7

I'm going to try Indydebi's recipe this week can hardly wait! thumbs_up.gif

carlee521 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 5:47am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

I've never had any melting issues with this icing even when adding melted chocolate. thumbs_up.gif

I was just making sure...you can't get chocolate from the store less than 1 mile away without it melting before you get it back home here. I guess that's good because I won't buy any during the summer? lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%