Unsure If I Should Contact Bride

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 6:21pm by jillmakescakes

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, so my city has a "Best Of Indy" contest going right now, so I emailed past brides/customer to let them know and ask for their vote. (there is a link on my homepage if you want to see the contest- not just cakes, but all kinds of businesses)

Upon reading the reviews, one bride had posted a negative review, which has never happened to me in this contest. The problem is that the stuff she posted is in direct contrast to what the MOB told us upon returning the cake stand.

Bride said that the cake was dry- MOB said everyone said it was moist and delicious and raved about it.

Bride said flowers were blue, I have pictures of clearly purple flowers. (cake was set up 40 minutes before wedding, so no worries about fading)

So, I knew the DJ at the wedding and called him to ask if he'd heard anything at the reception and he said that the bride asked him if he'd had any cake, he said yes it is delicious isn't it? and bride agreed, so he is as confused as I am. (sorry about the run-on sentence)

Now, she hasn't contacted us and asked for a refund or anything like that, so I'm wondering if I should contact her to find out what is up, or just let it be? I did contact the site she posted the review on and provided pics and the MOB story so they removed the review.

thoughts? other than WTF???!!!

7 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 8

I'd wait till she contacts you.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 8

If you removed the review I wouldn't do anything else unless the bride contacts you. Then you can tell her what her mother and DJ said.

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 8

With the review removed, I would let it drop. If she contacts you, show her the MOB review. If she contacts you for a future order tell her you are booked.

jillmakescakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 8

that's what I was thinking, but it is still bugging me. thanks for the reassurance.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:27pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

thoughts? other than WTF???!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif Since they removed her comment I would let it ride. BUT..I do understand what you're saying. Where did THAT come from and why did she do it? icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif I do understand wanting an explanation from the bride. I know that I would. thumbs_up.gif

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 8

Could she have a friend that is running in the same contest?

jillmakescakes Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 8

it is possible, but she didn't put any other reviews for cake places, so I don't think so. It just has me baffled. If she (or MOB) had said something to us, we could have dealt with it then, but to just blindside me like that. icon_confused.gif

I have to admit that it really shook me and made me question my caking abilities as a whole (probably a bit dramatic, but it did icon_redface.gif ).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%