Delivery Of 5-Tiered Cake

Decorating By jdelectables Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 5:29am by lsmcvay

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:32am
post #1 of 10

Should I assemble the cake completely and deliver it assembled or should I assemble 3 tiers and 2 tiers and then put together at the venue???? HELP! thx!

9 replies
amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 10

Whatever you feel most confident about doing. Can you carry a 5-tier assembled?

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:40am
post #3 of 10

A 5 tiered cake is way too tall to delivery in one piece. (and probably way to heavy to lift) I would recommend stacking the two bottom tiers and then stacking the three top tiers and the putting them together when you get to the venue.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:42am
post #4 of 10

I would remember to take into consideration how much cake you can carry as well as what type of support system you are using. When I have larger cakes to deliver by myself, I usually keep all the tiers separated and assemble on site. That way I know I can carry it all and I also don't have to worry about hitting potholes and going over railroad tracks (and trust me - around my neck of the woods you get a lot of both!)

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #5 of 10

do what you feel comfortable with, but my motto is over four stack and it is assembled on site. But I also live in a hilly/curvey area.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:58am
post #6 of 10

Are you using SPS?

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #7 of 10

no, I am not

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:45am
post #8 of 10

Safest bet is to assemble on site- I always use the rubbery drawer liner stuff from the dollar store in my trunk and space the cakes out in there- and i flip down the back seat to get some a/c going back there to prevent any heat damage. Just give yourself enough time to add the details you cannot add before it is stacked when you get to the venue and you will be fine.

Better safe than sorry!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:59pm
post #9 of 10

Because of the weight factor, I'd assemble on site. Heck, my arms feel like rubber bands when I sit down a lousy 3-tier sometimes!!!

If it was my cake, I would assemble the bottom two tiers in advance, then assemble the rest when I get there. I'm just not very comfortable trying to sit 2 or 3 tiers on top of the rest of the cake. I've done it .... and it worked out fine ..... but I prefer not to do it that way if I can avoid it.

Then just slap whatever border you have to do on it and you're outta there in under 15 minutes! thumbs_up.gif

lsmcvay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsmcvay Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 5:29am
post #10 of 10

I have always done the bottom two tiers, and finished on site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%