Help! Need Idea For "funny" Football Field Cake

Decorating By Tiffany0481 Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 6:10pm by Tiffany0481

Tiffany0481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany0481 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 5

I just got a call from person my father works with asking if I could please do a cake for her for this Saturday. I am not busy with cakes this week, so I would love to do it for her, but because I have one day to get this cake finished in I am limited to what I can do. She wants it to be a funny cake that incorporates a football field ... UGH! I cannot think of anything to do FOR THE LIFE OF ME! I have to be careful because I am afraid that in the humidity that we've been having lately nothing will dry enough for Saturday.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated!! THANK YOU!! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:20am
post #2 of 5

Is it a birthday cake? How about a few pot belliedsports fanatics like you see in the stands with their faces painted and the team name on their fat bellies except with "happy birthday" or a name painted on their bellies? That may be more time than you have, but it's all I got. icon_lol.gif

Good luck!

Tiffany0481 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 5

That is actually a pretty cool idea!! I think I could certainly pull that off if I start tonight! Thank you very much for your input!!

smokeysmokerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smokeysmokerton Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:40am
post #4 of 5

Post a pic if you have time, I'd love to see it!

Tiffany0481 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 5

Unfortuntely I ended up not doing the cake because the lady didn't call me back when she said she would and did not give me enough time to complete the cake. Sometimes people just amaze me ... ugh!! Thanks, though ... maybe someday I will be able to do a cake like that!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%