Forgot The Ribbon On The Wedding Cake

Decorating By Evieart2656 Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 7:06am by Hollandy

KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 12:44am
post #31 of 35

And usually the advice against the grain (and not popular and worshipped) turns out to be better.

Hollandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollandy Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 9:12am
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKakes4Me

And usually the advice against the grain (and not popular and worshipped) turns out to be better.

I really have to agree with that. Sometimes it not easy to give an unpoplar opinion but it is just as valid as anybody elses and has the potential to open up people's eyes to another way of thinking. (this is not just for cakes, it goes for everything.)

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 2:54pm
post #33 of 35

Why not throw a clause in the contract that says all complaints must be filed within __ hours/days of receiving the cake?

lydiayadira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lydiayadira Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 7:27pm
post #34 of 35

I somewhat agree with everyone.....yes it was a mistake but also half the money is a bit much....I believe they should have said something when your husband delivered it. In any event congratulations on the beautiful cake you made.

Hollandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollandy Posted 2 Sep 2010 , 7:06am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydiayadira

I believe they should have said something when your husband delivered it.

They did, they said "it's missing the ribbon", what more can they say? If it's a wedding day it's not that the cake is the first thing on their mind and more then likely they didn't have time to haggle with a baker over how much of a refund they should get. (and really, they shouldn't have to).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%