How Would You Do This...

Decorating By sillymoo84 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 11:34am by Jen80

sillymoo84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillymoo84 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 6

Guys,

How would you do the plague/cake topper/monogram on the top of the cake. its not to be chocolate, to be white....

any thoughts....
LL

5 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 6

I'd use white chocolate or make it out of pastiage.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 6

It seems like it would be pretty easy to make the rectangle shape out of thickly rolled gumpaste. I would either use gumpaste for the monogram, or just pipe it on.

sillymoo84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillymoo84 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 6

i thought it woulde be easy also, but looking at it closely, it looks as if it is attached to a base of some kind...

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 6

Are you sure its edible?

I'd use pastillage or chocolate. Any way you can think of to make a mold for it? That would make it easy to make out of chocolate.
There is definitely a base on it. That's going to be the tough part, and why I think they used a mold. Maybe get some silicone, find a blank plaque with base at a craft store, ice initials in royal and leave dry, then make a mold of the whole thing?

Jen80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jen80 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 11:34am
post #6 of 6

I'd make two slabs - one for the upright, one for the base. Let them dry and then attach the two together, then let dry again.

You could do the lettering with a clay-gun if you have one, or just by piping it on. I'd do this before attaching the two slabs together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%