Barbie Doll (Head/torso Or Full Doll)

Decorating By emma_jada Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 3:44pm by soledad

emma_jada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_jada Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 8

I have the wilton wonder mold for a doll skirt, but have yet to use it. The doll torso/head that was given to me is pretty rough looking. Should I buy another one of those or can you actually stick a whole doll down in the cake?

7 replies
Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:51pm
post #2 of 8

I use Barbie dolls in mine. I just snap their legs off and use the torso and head part of the doll. Personally, I think an actual Barbie doll is much nicer than those pic dolls. I find Barbie dolls on clearance and buy them to have on hand.

Getus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Getus Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 8

To answer your question though...an actual Barbie doll, with her legs is too tall for the wonder mold cake. You either need to bake another cake to go "underneath" the wonder mold cake (ex: 8" cake), or do away with the Barbie's legs. That is why I snap the Barbie's legs off and just use the upper part of her body.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 8

I use Barbie dolls as well. The ones I use have the twistable waist. I break it off there and insert a dowel for support into the bottom of the doll. These dolls are cheaper and more attractive than the Wilton picks.

emma_jada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_jada Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 8

thanks, that helps!

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 8

In my opinion, the birthday girl is much happier pulling an entire Barbie out of the cake than just the torso, and real Barbies are nicer than the picks. But, as the previous posters mentioned, the wonder mold pan is too short for an actual Barbie. I now bake a two-layer 8" or 9" round cake to go under the wonder mold, cut a hole through the middle of the entire cake, and the Barbie ends up going almost to the bottom. You'll want to wrap the Barbie's legs so that they don't touch the cake (Press N' Seal works well). And, since it ends up basically being a two-tier cake, you might want to consider support. Good luck!

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 8

I do what mfoxx does...I use the whole doll and just put a 2 layer cake under the wonder mold cake. Then the birthday girl gets to keep the doll!

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:44pm
post #8 of 8

Use the barbie doll, it would be much better for the birthday girl to also get a toy! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%