Baking Cupcakes In Bulk

Baking By Qbee Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 1:49am by JunieMoonieNeb

Qbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Qbee Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:02am
post #1 of 4

Hi - I have a small oven, can only hold one reg size cupcake pan (12) and I want to bake 36 cup cakes. Do I need to turn the oven off and let it cool down before baking the second and third batch or can I just bake one batch after another?

3 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 4

Just curious....why would you feel you needed to do that? icon_confused.gif

One after another is fine. Your oven temp should be remaining stable (except for the opening/closing aspect, and that shouldn't take longer than a minute or two to get back up to the proper temp.)

Even better, get an over thermometer to read the proper temp before you put anything in the oven to bake.

Qbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Qbee Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for answering. I didn't think I would need to but I just wanted to be sure. Decided to ask the experts icon_smile.gif

JunieMoonieNeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JunieMoonieNeb Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 1:49am
post #4 of 4

Sometimes when I take baked goods out of the oven my "preheat" light will come on. Probably because when i opened up the door I let some of the yummy heat out. So I just wait for the light to go back off (usually just a few minutes) and then I put my next tray in. If I put my next tray in while the light is on they get overcooked or burnt on the bottom.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%