Coffee Frosting Recipe

Baking By cabi59 Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 1:32pm by Amy_OFGB

cabi59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabi59 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:43pm
post #1 of 4

Im in need of a coffee flavored frosting. I am making a Chocolate Cake and they asked for a coffee frosting since the person the cake is for loves coffee. If anyone has any good recipes or can tell me what to add to the buttercream to make it coffee flavored it would be very appreciated. Thank You.

3 replies
cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 4

I would use Medaglia D'oro Instant Espresso powder - take a teaspoon to start and dissolve it in boiling water - just enough to dissolve the powder not make it into a paste. Let cool and add to your buttercream. I think the instant espresso adds a better flavor than regular coffee but you could certainly use regular coffee or even Starbuck's instant via - you can buy the packets individually at Starbucks.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #3 of 4

I put my espresso powder directly into my icing. It makes little specs like vanilla beans. You can adjust the taste. My favorite is to add it to my crusting cream cheese icing.

Amy_OFGB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy_OFGB Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 1:32pm
post #4 of 4

I just use my regular instant coffee (wheap and available anywhere). Mix a teaspoon with a few drops of water, just enough to desolve all of the crystals, then mix it with your buttercream. Adjust for taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%