My First Attemp At Fondant!

Decorating By amarilloyankee Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 4:01am by amarilloyankee

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:18am
post #1 of 4

I asked a couple days ago about making a camera...I couldn't get the lens to work so I did a cap on the camera. It was my first time making MMF (right now I HATE IT!!!!) I may have made it too soft.. my first black batch was too dry so I had to remake it this morning ugghh!! but the second batch was sooo soft!!

I was out of time so here is the final outcome..I wish it was soo better icon_sad.gif but I don't think it is too bad for my first attempt!

(he is now 16yrs old but the family joke is he is only 6 cause 2yrs ago we ordered a cake and instead of 14yrs old they put Happy 4th hehehe)
LL
LL

3 replies
leafO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leafO Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:33am
post #2 of 4

My first attempt at MMF was way too soft too, and then on my second try I forgot to sift the powdered sugar so it was all lumpy. On try #3 I greased it with crisco and then double wrapped it and let it sit overnight, I think that helped a lot.

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:40am
post #3 of 4

Very nice! & ambitious for your first time with fondant!!! You'll find the perfect texture. What a nice looking boy, Congrats Mom! Min just turned 16 as well. Many Blessings~

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:01am
post #4 of 4

Aww thanks ya'll! icon_smile.gif He is my oldest and he is an amazing photographer!

It seemed "bubbly" to me! my carving was great (I was so proud how the carved cake was) so not sure why it was bubbly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%