Question!

Decorating By kacic88 Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 3:07am by kacic88

kacic88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kacic88 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:54am
post #1 of 3

I bought the Wilton 3-Tier square pan set. They are supposed to be "deep." Does that mean I only have to do one layer or do I need to do a 2 layer thick tier? I haven''t used the big pans yet, but I am making a cake for my nephew's birthday cake this week. I am taking my spin on this cake http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1342588

Of course it won't be this good, because I am just starting out, but I will give it a shot. Thanks for your help!

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:58am
post #2 of 3

Actually get a ruler and measure it. If it's 2 inches then, yes, to get a standard 4 inch size you will need to bake 2 layers in the same size pan. If it's 3 inches then you could only bake one layer and then torte that into two layers with filling inbetween.

Cat

kacic88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kacic88 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:07am
post #3 of 3

geez! I was hoping I could do just one layer, because the paper that came with the pans says I need 15 1/2 cups of batter for the biggest layer. I thought that was a little much. icon_eek.gif Also, does anyone know how to go about doing the tree on this? I see that some people use PVC pipe, while others use rice crispy treats...I'm a little uncertain about this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%