Coconut Cake

Decorating By mommy1st Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 6:53pm by mommy1st

mommy1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy1st Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 7

I had a request for a coconut cake that doesn't have any coconut in it. Any ideas? Thanks.

6 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 7

No flavoring or shredded coconut? Maybe they meant the shape of a coconut.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

Wow, that's just a little confusing. Why would someone want a coconut cake w/out any coconut?! That's so backwards! If you are a box mix person, I know that Duncan Hines sells an coconut cake. Or what about using coconut flavoring/extract in your normal white cake recipe? To add extra coconut flavor to the overall cake, you could add some extract into your frosting as well.

Aurora_333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aurora_333 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 7

I made a coconut cake using Loranns flavoring. I used an entire bottle and still could not taste the coconut. So you might need to use quite a bit.

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 7

I'm guessing they don't want the texture of shredded coconut, just the taste?

See if you can find the Coffee-Mate coconut creme flavor
http://www.coffee-mate.com/products/CoconutCremeLiquid.aspx

I've used that in icing to get a light coconut taste and it was very good. Perhaps you could use coconut milk in the cake recipe to replace the water and the creamer in the icing?

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:52pm
post #6 of 7

just add coconut extract to your favorite white cake recipe. i wanted a lot of coconut taste and i just couldn't get it with coconut cream, milk, or cream of coconut alone.

after trying about a bazillion coconut cakes (i didn't want coconut on the outside or texturing the inside so it was a search because they seem to have coconut pressed on the outside to give it the flavor) my tasters all thought the original WASC cake with coconut extract was the best (and i like to bake from scratch....lol, oh well).

they also liked the shubox coconut cake, but i don't have the link to that right now. this one has a very subtle coconut taste. i will see if i can find it and post back.

mommy1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy1st Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 7

I am assuming they didn't want the texture of coconut in the cake. I will look for the creamer. If not, then I will try the coconut flavoring. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%