In Au Where Can I Get This Cake Pan??????

Decorating By l_rock Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 2:26am by shari22

l_rock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l_rock Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:16am
post #1 of 13

I need help....I was randomly surfing cakepan sites (as you do when your bored) the other day looking for anything that caught my eye.... and i found a giant sandwich cookie pan.
it looks like a giant oreo and i want one.
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/goldtouch-nonstick-sandwich-cookie-cake-pan/

so your probably thinking why doesn't this crazy cakepan lady just buy this pan?...... i live in sydney australia and they won't ship internationally!!!!
so now i'm on a mission (mostly because i can't have it and i want it icon_biggrin.gif )
i've tried ebay -but those who have it won't post outside USA (which just seems mean and greedy .. i'm sure there are enought to share icon_lol.gif )
does anyone know where I can buy this pan?
thanks for the help
LL

12 replies
pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:32am
post #2 of 13

Oh Honey, I live in Australia too and begged my 'grey nomads' to buy it for me when they went to Canada recently. They bought it from a Williams Sanoma shop over there. Did you try and contact a store directly?
It is a great pan!
It can be quite frustrating living here and just not being able to access the same stuff. Keep your ears open for anyone going to the US and give them a biiiiiiig list!

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:57am
post #3 of 13

I saw it at Kitchen Krafts.

kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:25am
post #4 of 13

There are a few different websites that will act as a go between you and international companies that wont ship here (Aus) for a small fee. Google Price USA, I've used that before with no problems.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:52am
post #5 of 13

Willams - Sonoma. I have that pan.

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 13

Yes, that pan is featured at Williams-Sonoma. Most of those pans are manufactured by NordicWare. At first they are exclusive at W.S. and then when the season changes and new pans come out, you can find them on www.nordicware.com and often on ebay.
HTH

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 13

I found it on this site, they do ship internationally. Good Luck & Enjoy! I have this pan and everyone loves it.

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm?pid=203391437&pnr=M53&cm_mmc=Shopping-_-Google-_-M53-_-203391437

and Cooking.com has it on it's Austrailia site http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=286228

l_rock Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:17pm
post #8 of 13

wow! thank you!
between you all you have managed to do in one day what i haven't in my 2days of rabid searching.
i also knew that if anyone would understand the lust for a new cake pan "that you just have to have" you guys would.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 13

They have some gorgeous pans...but I always wonder if the straight cake like that gets stale???

l_rock Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:42pm
post #10 of 13

i know- but with my husband arround it won't have a chance to go staleicon_smile.gif
you could always use a glaze to try to fight the drying process or even pour ganache over it... but it might look more like a wagon wheel (not ssure if they have these in the us-they are a type of chocolate covered biscuit) than an orero

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:45pm
post #11 of 13

kitchenkrafts.com

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 12:24am
post #12 of 13

I used a really moist chocolate cake recipe - think I found it on CC and it lasted for at least 3 days, well thats as long as the cake lasted before it was all eaten!
Just a little tip, I used melted butter and a little paintbrush to grease it and it came out perfectly - that's the most time consuming part of the whole process.

shari22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shari22 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:26am
post #13 of 13

William Sonoma carries it. I don't remember the price, but I do remember it being a tad bit expensive

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%