Donating 200 Cupcakes To An Outside Event.. How To Display

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm by bakingpw

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 4

I am donating and attending an event that is 4 hours away. I am doing 200 cupcakes with a simple swirl/sprinkle. I've pretty much figured out how I will transport but now need to figure out how to display them. Its an outside event in the heat. They will be on a table covered by a tent. I am basically putting them in a huge full sheet box for transport so they will not be packaged individually. Any suggestions, ideas?

3 replies
Lorraine25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorraine25 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 4

what kind of event is it? you can use the event on a set up have you seen cupcake wars show? In the final round they have to come up with a design for the cupcakes display (thay have their carpenters) but @ least you can get the idea of what to do that best fit you budget icon_wink.gif Good luck. Here is the link to watch the full episodes just in case icon_wink.gif
http://www.yidio.com/show/cupcake-wars

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, I love CC wars! They have the coolest stands.

This is actually a charity event for a small child who has had transplants and is in need of additional treatment. So that is why I'm keeping the cupcakes simple and child friendly. I'm worried about putting all 200 on a display because of being in the heat, etc.. Thinking of not displaying them all but enough to show what is up for sell.

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 4

When I do a show for children, I like to display them on several different size cake servers. Fill the servers with differently colored iced cupcakes. Keep the remaining cupcakes aside and then replenish as necessary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%