Cake Pan For Guitar Cake

Decorating By mbarbi Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 5:52am by mbarbi

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 8

hi...what size of cake pan should i use if i want to make a guitar cake?? i can't find any wilton guitar cake pan here so i will just use the rectangular cake pan and carve it...what size is good for making a guitar cake??

thanks so much in advance icon_smile.gif

7 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 8

It probably depends on the # of servings you need. I did one and started with an 11X15 pan. I made two layers, stacked, and carved from that.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 8

I think there is a template for a cut out guitar here on cc in the template gallery..i will look

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 8

This is for a qtr sheet cake. If you just trace everything bigger, you can use a half sheet.
http://www.bettycrocker.com/~/media/Files/PDF/Cake-Templates/Guitar_Cake_template.ashx

I do not like the wilton Pan guitar's as the neck is too short and looks stubby. HTH.

yums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yums Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:27pm
post #5 of 8

I used a 9" x 13", 2 layers. I didn't look at the template here, made my own.....but you can use a print program to size it.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 8

I used a 13x9 for the two cakes I did. As was said above, the size of the sheet pan is going to depend on how many servings you need. For the first one I baked mini loafs to make the handle, the second one I think I used a square cake cut in strips.

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 8

I used a 13X9 and then a round 8" can pan for the arm! It was my first bass guitar cake, a little messy (lots of crumbs because I carved it) but it turned out ok icon_razz.gif (in my pics)

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:52am
post #8 of 8

thanks so much for your replies icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%