Making Molds

Decorating By naunie2 Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 12:07pm by mullett

naunie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
naunie2 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 11:11am
post #1 of 2

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or instructions on making the beer bottle mold, outside of using the make your own molds, I am a hobby baker and would like to try to make the bottle cake just for fun but I don't feel it would benifit me to purchase the kits because they are kind of high and I am sure that I wouldn't make enough of the cakes to justify the cost of the kit. Please share your ideas.

1 reply
mullett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mullett Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 2

Michael's sells a liquid product called "mold????????? I can't remember the name and I'm not at home right now. It cost about $12.00 a jar. It might be your best option. One container will do 2 bottles. After about 6 coats I re-enforce my molds with fiberglass sheetrock tape. I cut it in small pieces and put it around the object and paint on more coats of the liquid. Hope this helps. Remember to put corn starch on the outside of the mold when you turn it or it will stick to itself. You can PM me if you like for the name later, but I'm sure that someone here will remember the name right of the top of their head.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%