I'm Looking For Chocolate Crack.....were Did It Go?

Baking By thatslifeca Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 8:37pm by thatslifeca

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:53am
post #1 of 12

Hello CC members, a while back I found this recipe called chocolate crack made with graham cracker, chocolate and some other things. I can't seem to find it again, and I would love to have it again. Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

11 replies
CakeMom5001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMom5001 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:05am
post #2 of 12

Is this it?

Chocolate Crack
What you need:
1 foil lined and PAM sprayed cookie sheet
1 box graham crackers or saltines
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) real butter (if you use unsalted like I do then add ½ tsp salt)
1 bag choco chips

Place crackers on a large cookie sheet, completely covering the bottom in a single layer. You can break up the crackers to fit. Pre-heat oven to 350. Put brown sugar and butter (and salt if needed) into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Stir frequently with wooden spoon while butter is melting. Once it starts to boil stir constantly for 5 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers. Smooth out as evenly as possible to cover all of the crackers. Bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven and sprinkle the whole bag of choco chips over the hot crackers. Wait about 30 seconds for chips to melt then spread like icing over entire pan of crackers. Place immediately into fridge or freezer and let them cool till rock hard. Once completely cooled break the crackers up into roughly 2x2 jagged pieces. Try not to eat it all at one sitting. I dare you.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 2:52am
post #4 of 12

icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I made this for my boys last time they were home, thought I'd try something new. Now they are home for a few days and asked if I would make it again. I am so grateful. Thank you I new CC members would come thru. Now off to do some baking. icon_biggrin.gif oh by the way....these boys are aged 24 and 21 LOL.

Jesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesa Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:11am
post #5 of 12

whoa, this sounds ridiculously good!

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:38am
post #6 of 12

Since I posted this recipe I have had MORE people than I ever expected make this and pass it on..it's like that old Breck commercial..."and she told two people and then she told two people and so on and so on..." LOL!

And to think I got this recipe out of an obscure mystery book where the main character is a cookie maker! LOL! It's a family favorite now!

Cat

thatslifeca Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:42pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Since I posted this recipe I have had MORE people than I ever expected make this and pass it on..it's like that old Breck commercial..."and she told two people and then she told two people and so on and so on..." LOL!

And to think I got this recipe out of an obscure mystery book where the main character is a cookie maker! LOL! It's a family favorite now!

Cat

Well thank you sooo much cat....my family loves this recipe. It has become a family favorite also. icon_biggrin.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:06pm
post #8 of 12

Keep passing it on and then it gets to live for another generation or two! I have a feeling it's been around for ages!

Cat

kcassano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcassano Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 12

i too saw this, then wanted to make it but couldnt find it...i posted a copy of the recipe in the recipe section so it'll be easier to find for all in the future (including myself). icon_smile.gif it is under the "uncategorized" category. hth.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #10 of 12

I'm so glad I saw this!! I've had a recipe since who knows when that I cut from
a magazine. It's ''The Governor's Inn Graham Squares''. Very similar to your
recipe but with pecans and no chocolate although that could be added very
easily. I'm sure it would be awesome with the chocolate too. If you're not a
chocolate lover ~ say what!!! ~ this is a great alternative. icon_smile.gif It's the basically
the same recipe. Enjoy!!! And I know I will now that I have it in sight again!!

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:47pm
post #11 of 12

My mom has always made this with saltine crackers and chopped pecans. We called it Brickle bars. We file it under "candy" in our family cookbook.

Yum!

thatslifeca Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:37pm
post #12 of 12

Well I just made 4 trays of it....1 tray for each kid to take with them (2boys, 1 girl) I made a tray they ate before they left. I'm now waiting on tray 5 so me and hubby could have some. LOL. OH BOY I've turned my family into crack addicts CHOCOLATE crack that is! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%