Advertising

Baking By lovelyislacey Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 7:27pm by lovelyislacey

lovelyislacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelyislacey Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 10:36pm
post #1 of 5

How do you advertise? I am new to the business only been doing it about 2-3 weeks so I am REALLY new. I did a fair last weekend where I sold cupakes and got a lot of intrest but I have not really gotten any orders as of yet. I have been passing out flyers at my husbands shop but have not really done any other advertising. I was thinking about contacting one of the local schools to see if they might send flyers home with the kiddies might get some summer party orders out of it but I was not sure if that might be a little frowned upon

I know its early days but I would like to get some orders in icon_smile.gif.

So what do you do?

4 replies
kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:20am
post #2 of 5

Facebook!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:39am
post #3 of 5

You did not say if your cake business was legal or not but, to let you know if you are not a legal business then you could be turned in and fined. If you are legal, then facebook is a very good advertising tool.
evelyn

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:01am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegrandma

You did not say if your cake business was legal or not but, to let you know if you are not a legal business then you could be turned in and fined. If you are legal, then facebook is a very good advertising tool.
evelyn

yep, since you're so new, this would be my first question as well. are you a legal business? if so, facebook is an amazing way to advertise. post the pic on your personal or business page (or both) and tag the pic if the cake is for a friend. that way it will show up on their page as well.

i also went to snapfish, and did 8x10 prints of a cake collage with my website printed at the top. i went to walmart and got L frames and put the pic in there. i glued a business card to the top and ordered a ton of cards. then i went to popular and busy places of interest in my area and asked the store owners if i could put the advertising in their store. the frame and a stack of cards went right by the register or door and voila! instant advertising for less than $3 a pop!

lovelyislacey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelyislacey Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakegrandma

evelyn

My business is legal but it is a home based business. I am registered and all that.

I made a facebook page but I could not figure out how to target people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%