Refurbished Kitchenaid Mixer?

Decorating By jenniboo Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 12:00am by jenniboo

jenniboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniboo Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone ever purchased a refurbished stand mixer? I am just a hobbyist, so I am finding it hard to justify spending such a large amount of money on a mixer. However, I have seen a few refurbished ones posted on ebay. Any thoughts on going this route? I have purchased a refurbished cell phone before and have had no problems with it.
Any advice/thoughts greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

P.S. Happy Friday icon_smile.gif

8 replies
lillielu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillielu Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 9

Kitchen-Aid mixers are the best! Thats all I use, and if you have a problem with them, the Kitchenaid people have great customer service!!

lillielu

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 7:40pm
post #3 of 9

I purchased a refurbished Kitchen Aid Artisan from Amazon years ago. I use it several times a week for frosting, bread making, cookie dough, etc. I've never had a problem and it is still going strong.

barefootsdesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barefootsdesign Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 9

I purchased one from amazon that was refurbished and the bearings were messed up after a couple months so I called Kitchenaid and they replaced it at no cost to me. Even upgraded the model cause the one I had was no longer available. I have been using this refurbished one for over three or four years now with no problem. check out amazon icon_smile.gif Two things I swear by my kitchenaid and my Le Creuset pots and pans icon_smile.gif

sabre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabre Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 9

You can email shopkitchenaid.com to find their outlet store where they sell refurbished and closeout models. I don't know where you were shopping on eBay, but KA has their own eBay store. I have bought several refurbished items plus a stand mixer from KA and love their products and customer service.

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:11pm
post #6 of 9

I use a refurbished one. No problems. Sometimes you can't be very choosy about the color w/ a reburbished one though.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 9

KitchenAid also sells factory refurbished units.

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_list.asp?SKW=KTAFACTSTAND&HDR=outlet

And I saw on their regular website that they have some rebate offers on new stand mixers.

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:24pm
post #8 of 9

I have bought a refurbished car stereo and cuisinart blender. Both are wonderful and I saved a ton of money! I never thought of a refurbished kitchenAid. I could use another mixer, thanks for the idea!!!!

jenniboo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniboo Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:00am
post #9 of 9

Thanks so much ladies! I forgot to come back and check this post after I wrote it....so that's why I didn't respond earlier. icon_smile.gif I didn't realize that KitchenAid sells refurbished ones themselves. I just had the idea to check out ebay since that's what I did with my cell phone. Will definitely look into it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%