Covering Rkt With Fondant Without Bumps!

Decorating By bloodpudding Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 12:15pm by Karen421

bloodpudding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bloodpudding Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:52am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeves? I pack it smooth, cover it with icing and then wrap my fondant/gumpaste around it and it is alllways bumpy. Would someone be so kind to talk me through what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!

3 replies
becky4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky4444 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:15am
post #2 of 4

I fill in any noticable holes with royal icing, then I coat it with melted chocolate until smooth, then add the fondant.

HTH

nona62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nona62 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:57am
post #3 of 4

I crush the Rice Krispies before adding them to the marshmallow..if I'm looking for smooth and sometimes depending on what I'm making I use 2 layers of mmf....

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona62

I crush the Rice Krispies before adding them to the marshmallow..if I'm looking for smooth and sometimes depending on what I'm making I use 2 layers of mmf....

I did that with baseballs I made, and then brushed them with white chocolate. They were very smooth, but when I crushed the RK it made it very dense and VERY heavy!!! I wanted 12 baseballs bursting out the top of the cake. I ended up having to use a dummy to achieve this because they were so heavy. But they were smooth!! (pic in photos) HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%